Monday, September 3, 2012

Coming Attractions: Red Country by Joe Abercrombie

I both love and fear Joe Abercrombie. Abercrombie's fiction is populated by morally repugnant and chaotically violent characters who nevertheless manage to be relatable in a way that makes me question my own moral fiber. So with trepidation and longing, I bring you an excerpt from Abercrombie's upcoming novel Red Country. Give it a read, and if you live under a rock and have yet to be converted to the ever growing cult of Joe's fans, I'm sure this small yet bloody morsel will send you to your local bookseller to grab a copy of The Blade Itself. Click on the link below the image to be sent hurtling through the interwebs to the excerpt. Enjoy.


1 comment:

  1. I fell in love with Abercrombie with The Blade Itself and the rest of the First Law trilogy. but he also taught me something: that do I have a limit when it comes to how bloody and gory I want my fiction to be. I've a major weakness for antiheroes and misdirection, but sometimes I need to be careful of his stuff, sometimes he's got too much of that stomach churningness going on.

    ReplyDelete